High blood pressure referred to as Hbp occurs when the long-term force of the blood against your artery walls is high enough to eventually cause health problems like, heart-attack, stroke, kidney disease and atherosclerosis.
NORMAL BLOOD PRESSURE
Ideal blood pressure is considered to be 120/80 mmhg.
High blood pressure is considered to be 140/90 mmhg or higher.
Low blood pressure is considered to be 90/60 mmhg or lower.
CAUSES OF HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
- Being overweight or obese
- Lack of physical activity
- Too much salt in the diet
- Too much alcohol consumption
- Older age
- Family history of high blood pressure
- Chronic kidney disease
- Adrenal and thyroid disorders
- Sleep apnea
- Birth control pills(Estrogen)
Hypertension is greatly influenced by diet and lifestyle.
Foods and drinks to avoid with high blood pressure
- Tomato products
- Package foods
- Canned soup
- Red meat
- Unhealthy snacks
- Soft drinks
- Pastries (cakes, doughnuts, cookies etc.)
- Sauces (ketchup)
- Cured meats (ham, beacon and deli meats)
- Pickled foods ( kimchi, sauerkraut)
- Canned foods
- Processed meats
- Coffee ( caffeine containing beverages)
- Frozen meals( pizzas and chicken strips)
- Cheese (except grilled cheese)
- Chicken skin
- Full fat dairy
TREATMENT OF HIGH BLOOD PRSSURE WITH DIETS
Eat a diet rich in whole grains, fruits, vegetables, low fat diary products (lean protein), legumes, potassium and magnesium.
- Whole grains( wheat bread, brown rice, quinoa and barley)
- Low-fat yogurt
- Nuts( walnuts and cashew nuts)
- legumes (beans and lentils)
- Olive oil
- Spices( varieties of spices and seasonings can help reduce salt intake)
- Lean chicken
- Leafy greens (spinach and kale)
- Beets( beetroots)
- Hibiscus tea
Start a high blood pressure program today!!!
Register for 1:1 coaching to get personalized diet plan, exercise and healthy lifestyle modification to normalize blood pressure.
Click on the link below and join my 3 months program that normalizes high blood pressure